Monday, September 14, 2009

Aunt Lisa's Meatloaf

OK I have to start by saying I detest Meatloaf. And this one I was able to eat for dinner. I can't say that its a favorite of mine, however it is my husbands favorite (and his Aunts recipe). So I made this for him. I hope that our children grow to love it too, its really easy and not to expensive, I got the lean ground beef so it cost a bit more, but I think lean beef just taste's better. One of the problems I have with meatloaf is whenever I have had it its always dry and people tell me to put catchup on it. This is moist and has so much flavor on its own there is no need for any catchup!

Aunt Lisa's Meatloaf
Ingredients:
1 1/2lbs ground beef
2 eggs
2 T water
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 envelope Dry Onion Soup Mix
Breadcrumbs (add till you get the right texture)

Combine eggs, water, Worcestershire sauce, soup mix and mix together. Add bread crumbs (stirring into the mixture) until the mixture becomes the same consistency of the ground beef. Add ground beef to the mixture and mix well with hands.

Spray and glass loaf pan (I use one with a lid) and put the mixture in the pan. make sure its about the same height all around.
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hrs (until the thermometer shows the middle of the loaf is at 170 degrees or above.
You may want to drain it 1/2 way through (if you are not using the lean meat). If you are not using a pan with a lid and you notice the top getting too done they you may want to put tin foil on the top.

Leftovers!

My husband loves leftover meat loaf sandwiches. 2 pieces of bread, spread a little mayonaise on the bread and slice the meatloaf for the insides! Poof, another meal done!

No comments: