Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Winter High Altitude Bread Maker


OK so I LOVE LOVE LOVE my bread maker.  Got it this summer and used it all the time.  Winter came along and I got doing other things, then I tried it again and I have 3 batches ruined!  But I kept trying and finally figured out how to do it!

I live at 5000 ft, with cold, low humidity weather.

#1 Find a corner in your kitchen where you can really heat it up.
#2 Get a cheep heater (this one cost $15) and point it so it warms the bread maker AND the air around it.  On the left of my picture is my refrigerator and then I have 2 other walls to bounce the hot air around.  I really think that having the cupboards above this space I was working with really helped too.
#3 Boil water on your stove (set the timer so you don’t forget it and keep checking on it and adding to it while your bread is cooking.)

Start the water boiling and get the heater running about 15 mins before you start putting the ingredients in it.

Now enjoy your bread!

No comments: