Monday, January 23, 2012

Green Chili Pie (for Breakfast or Brunch)

This is a favorite breakfast food around our house. Mostly sat mornings or it I have time Sundays too! As you can see it went faster then I could take a picture of it!

In a glass backing dish (make sure to spray cause this sticks)

1 7 oz can of diced green chilies (I use 2)

½ lb grated cheddar cheese (I just do a giant plateful)

1 dozen eggs, beaten (you can use less if you don’t have 12)

Spread Chiles on the bottom of the dish. Then lay the shredded cheese on top of the chilies – should be a layer about ½ inch of cheese (loose not packed) Pour beaten eggs evenly over the cheese.

Bake at 350 F about 30-45 mins. I usually do 40 and its fine. Cut and serve, it comes out real hot, so you have to allow time for cooling too. Enjoy!

No comments: