Monday, January 23, 2012

Bridal & Baby Shower Chicken Salad

This was served at both my kids Baby Showers and is just a fun party / gathering food. Takes a bit of preparation but oh so worth it!

1T oil (I use Veggie Oil)

1 chicken breast (cooked and shredded) – I used 3 Sam’s Club cans once it was fine

¼ c minced onions

½ c fine chopped celery

¼ t ginger (I didn’t have this once and left it out, tasted fine w/o)

1 c mayonnaise

¼ c red wine vinegar

1 ½ t soy sauce

½ to 1 t curry powder depends on your taste

1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts (I chop them up even more)

1 c chopped pecans (walnuts work fine too)

1 c sliced red grapes

Slice chicken into chunks or shred. Toss oil, onions, celery, ginger, mayonnaise, vinegar, soy sauce and curry powder together. Add chicken, water chestnuts, grapes and pecans, toss again. Serve on rolls. Need to be soft or squishy rolls, croissants are the best (buy the huge package at Costco or Sam’s Club.

No comments: