Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Homemade Pizza Pie Dough


My husband loves pizza, but it cost WAY to much to eat it a lot and the franchise type ones always make me feel sick.  So I started looking online for a good recipe.  This one is AWESOME!

Pizza Dough: (makes 2 round  pizza’s)

Place in stand mixer:
6 c flour
2 ½ c very warm water
5 t Yeast
2 t Sugar
1 t Salt
3 t Oil (extra virgin)

Turn on mixer on second lowest setting. Let mix for 5-6 mins. Oil and take out the ball of dough. Place in a bowl in a warm spot in the kitchen and let rise for 5 mins. Split ball of dough in half for one pizza.  Oil your pizza pan and spread dough out with your fingers.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place JUST dough in oven and bake for 10 mins. Take the pizza out and then put all your ingredients on the top of the pizza, and finish baking for another 5 – 10 mins.

This pizza had some Hunts Spaghetti Sauce from the can for the base, then grated mozzarella cheese, chopped up Canadian bacon and Pineapple chunks (next time I will use pineapple tidbits)

I did another one that was very good. I put BBQ sauce on the bottom, chicken chunks and mozzarella cheese. (next time I think I will add caramelized onions to that one)

No comments: