Thursday, February 16, 2012

Snicker Doodles

This is my award winning Snicker Doddle Recipe!

(works great in a mixer!)
Cream thoroughly:
1 c shorting
1 ½ c sugar
2 eggs

Add:
2 ¾ c flour
2 T cream of tarter
1 t baking soda
½ t salt

Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well. Roll into balls about 1 inch across.  Place ball of dough into a Cinnamon Sugar mixture, sort of squash the dough ball into the mixture flattening it a smidgen, then place it cinnamon sugar side up on the cookie sheet (the Air bake cookie sheets work best).  Press the center of the cookie with your thumb and index finger making two small indention's (I have no idea why, I was just taught to do it this way)

Bake 375 degree F for 10-15 mins or until golden brown.  Recipe SAYS it will make 5 dozen cookies, but I think it lies … Of course my family likes to taste the dough before its cooked and then they don’t stay on the plates long enough to count them!

No comments: