Saturday, April 24, 2010

Our first true attempt at coupon shopping!

Well tonight I sent my husband out with a list and coupons. I sent them with a clipboard too, very dedicated! (and a 13 yr old and a 3 yr old .. oh the joys of shopping that he doesnt usually get to enjoy!)

Saved almost 50% on grocerys tonight! It was great! He saved $42.85 and spent $48.42. He only bought 4 items not on the list ... if he had stuck to the list (this is a HUGE rule ... DONT bye anything not on the list - eliminates alot of excess spending, but I didnt give him that rule) ... he would have only spent 36.76!!! and it WOULD have been more then 50%!! WOOHOOOOO

This was our first forte into real coupon shopping and I think we did well. I only have 2 weeks worth of sunday paper coupons, imagian what I could do with more!

AND we got a 48 oz tub of icecream FREE!!!!

Happy shopping to you!

No comments: