Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Home Made PJ's

Well I am not sure if this is time saver or a money saver. But why I made home made PJ pants is because #1 I think they are much higher quality then store bought ones (I hate it when the fabric start to pill) and will last threw more then one kid (have you notice how thin the fabric gets after a few washings?) or at least a lot longer on that one kid and #2 I think they look a lot better and #3 they are more comfortable then store bought PJ's (the seams always feel to tight on me for some reason – PJ’s are supposed to be super comfortable!)

So our family likes Snoopy/Peanuts fabric and that is what I used on this lot O PJ's. That fabric is sort of expensive even with the 40% off coupon. But you can find 100% cotton fabric on clearance and make it a deal. Then I buy the craft t-shirts in matching colors (on sale naturally) and use the left over fabric from making the PJ's to appliqué something on the front to match the theme of the pants. And I always make the pants bigger, like 3 sizes bigger, then the person, this makes them extra comfy - even if I have to shorten all the pants cause they are too long. I do the elastic at the right length and they will fit just fine. Same with the t-shirt we go bigger for comfort. Also I look for the PJ patterns that make each leg out of one piece of fabric (instead of 2) ... So I only have to cut 2 pattern pieces out of each pair of pants (instead of 4!)! Less work for me! If you need more help on how too, just comment and I will do another post about it!


No comments: