Sunday, March 15, 2009

Upcycling - your kids cothing

OK I saw this upcyced or altered jean jacket in my favorite magazine called "Altered Couture". I fell in love with the swirlies on the sleeves. I have a jean jacket like that an I never wear it becuase its not on the favorites list. I firgured I would enjoy wearing it more if I tried this. Only problem was that I had never really painted much freehand stuff before on any medium. But I was determind.
So I went to the thrift store with my dad one evening and he bought my 2 year old these overalls. I figured - what better way to try it out then on a 2 year old who doesnt care one whit what they look like - so I was under no pressure to be perfect. I did my own desing and just went for it. And I really like it.
and the back .....
So $1.25 for the overalls. $2.00 for the paint. $3.50 for the brushes. Viola! Chic Baby! What do you think?

No comments: