Monday, March 16, 2009

My Stenciling Journey!

Well the other day I saw a stencil that I loved in my favorite magazine. Altered Couture. (I know you have heard that one before!) LOL Anyways ... So I found the exact stencil I fell in love with but didn't want to do it on the shirt I wanted on the first try .... I wanted some practice.



Ok the teal shirt is try #1 and try #2 neither of which fared very well. The flor de lit on top was done with a stencil brush. It came out dark in places and lighter in others with a thinker line around the edge of the stencil. Not even at all. So try #2 is the row of Flor de lit's with a fabric spray paint and 1) I don't think it works with super stretchy t-shirt 2) i sprayed too close to the fabric and didn't let it dry enough between sprays. So it didn't work out. I will be trying the fabric spray paint again on a different kind of T using better coverage with more time in between sprays. See how it comepairs to my next try ........
Try #3 is this lovely design. I looked all over the web to fine what people use to make there own t-shirt. I was very surprised to find that most people used reg spray paint. And why not ... you have to wear grubbies when you work with it because it doesn't come out! But how to make it look nice! Well i was patient this time and used a regular T-shirt. I think that helped. I will post again when I try with the fabric spray paint one more time.

No comments: