Thursday, March 5, 2009

Where to save money on store bought clothing

This depends on hard you are willing to work at finding a good deal. I have a discount store that sales last years department store leftovers, at a discounted price. I have found many a deal there, but the problem is they really only have a few of each item, you might see something you like and it’s not in your size. Also there are times you will not find anything nice at all. You need to be willing to walk out without buying anything. And since there is only a few of each item you have to go threw every item of clothing in your size to find something for you. The hazards of this kind of store is you could be drawn to something you don’t need just because it’s a good deal. You have to learn shopping control in these stores.

Another place that I find good deals is on eBay. But again I have to work and consider the price of shipping. eBay can be dangerous because you get into the thrill of bidding, and when you are out bid you up your bid past the point where its reasonable. What I do to prevent this is “snipe” the item. I use a snipping program where I put in my top bid and the program bids in the last 10 seconds, and if someone out bids me – then that is it and that is OK. It keeps me from bidding higher then I need to.

Thrift stores are also awesome ways to save money on clothes. Especially if you are buying play clothes for you kids – why should you buy new clothes for them to run around outdoors in? Learn what the more durable brands are and skip over the brands that you don’t know. This will help your money go farther if the clothes last longer.

Places I don’t cheap out on are shoes, underwear and socks. Buy good brands of these, because when those items are uncomfortable you are uncomfortable.

Also never put clothing on credit cards. You may have gotten a deal at the time but unless you pay it off immediately it will cost more then full price in the long run.

No comments: